[FFmpeg-user] Full to studio levels

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Mon Feb 3 13:38:31 CET 2014

Rio,

I can basically confirm your impression that this isn't quite so easy to get right.

You're not the only person to ever have hit this - it has been discussed for quite some time (years). A friend of mine had to write custom software using the ffmpeg libraries mainly because he could never figure out a way to handle certain luma scaling issues.

As you've found, there appears to be a few automatic behaviours which are a bit unhelpful, which I suspect you're somehow switching off with your filter selections.

Be prepared for the possibility that there is no lossless way to fix this from the commandline.