[FFmpeg-user] Any better documentation?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Aug 5 19:14:57 CEST 2014

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 09:59:25 -0700, Stephen Ho wrote:
> I will play with ffmpeg a bit more, I aim to do this.
>
> ffmpeg -i file1.mp4 file2.mp4 file3.mp4  (something like this ==>
> resolution hd720, medium quality, h264 or hevc/265, into container .avi
>       and sound should not matter much for file size)   finaloutput.avi

There is some help here for your scenario:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/How%20to%20concatenate%20%28join,%20merge%29%20media%20files#filter

You need to take into consideration whether your files are all "the
same" from their parameters or not... If they are, some things can be
done differently.

You do realize that "medium quality" is subjective? Just try libx264's
default settings (which is preset medium, crf 23) and observe whether
they are okay for you.

Moritz