[FFmpeg-user] Image extraction broken with ffmpeg, but not with mencoder. How can I fix this?

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Thu Sep 5 20:55:44 CEST 2013

Le nonidi 19 fructidor, an CCXXI, James Board a écrit :
> Let me try a different tact and explain what I'm doing in the
> big picture.  I wrote a Video Editor to edit my videos.  It takes
> a sequence of images as input,

If the images do not have their associated timestamps with them, then your
process is already broken here, anything you can do beyond this point will
only delay the problem.

> You say timestamps are properties of frames, and I 'just read them'.
> Where do I read them from?  Can I run some ffmpeg command that
> prints the timestamp for every frame?

Yes. There are several ways to do it, depending on how you want to proceed.
The simplest is probably to use the drawtext filter; RTFM.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George