[FFmpeg-user] Convert a series of SGI images to video

Werner Robitza werner.robitza at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 16:02:31 CET 2013

> Since you are not the first one who tries this:
> Why do you think this should work? (It does not.)

The question is, why shouldn't it?
cat *.jpg | ffmpeg -f image2pipe -c:v mjpeg -i - works as far as I know,
and is used here as well:
https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/Create%20a%20video%20slideshow%20from%20images

> Is this documented somewhere?

No, in fact image2pipe isn't officially documented anywhere in FFmpeg.
(Note to self: Create a ticket for that.)
So maybe I'm missing something about how the image2pipe demuxer works.

> Please use ffmpeg -start_number 3556 -i 0%4d.sgi
> for 1_CrowdRun_1080i25_CgrLevels_SINC_FILTER_SVTdec05_

This works perfectly, thanks.