[FFmpeg-user] Convert a series of SGI images to video

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Mar 1 15:32:50 CET 2013

Werner Robitza <werner.robitza <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I've been trying
>
> cat *.sgi | ffmpeg -y -f image2pipe -c:v sgi -r 50 -i -

Since you are not the first one who tries this:
Why do you think this should work? (It does not.)
Is this documented somewhere?
I am not saying it cannot be made to work but since
two working alternatives exist, I don't think
this should have a high priority, but maybe I am
missing something?

Please use ffmpeg -start_number 3556 -i 0%4d.sgi
for 1_CrowdRun_1080i25_CgrLevels_SINC_FILTER_SVTdec05_

(It also works with the rawvideo demuxer and -video_size
but using image2 as in my example is recommended.)