[FFmpeg-user] Audio Packets, Video Packets, md5 output

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 27 19:48:04 CEST 2013

>Unrecognized option 'mdf'.

>> How can I tell which audio packet corresponds
>> to a video frame?
>
>I may misunderstand but I don't think that audio
>packets generally "correspond" to video frames.
>
>Carl Eugen

Sorry, I should have typed '-f framemd5'.  That's generates a file containing the
audio and video checksums.

What I'd like to know is how the audio packets work.  They obviously don't
correspond to video frames in a 1-to-1 fashion, since there are more audio
packets then video packets.  And since the number of audio packets isn't
an integer multiple of the number of frames, then they can't correspond
to video packets in an n-to-1 fashion.  However, they must corresponds ]
to frames in some way.  Does that make any sense?