[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG Video Conversion | Codec Information Needed

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Jan 29 14:04:07 CET 2013

Ravi Kumar Kamboj <ravikumar.kamboj <at> sapple.co.in> writes:

> I am using following commands to convert the video :
> *"ffmpeg -i <inputpath> <outputpath>"* which converts
> video in *mp4,webm and ogv*, but it is using default
> audio and video codecs for output file.

Please always add complete, uncut console output
when posting questions about FFmpeg usage on this
mailing list.

> I want to know about how we can pass audio/video codec
> information in command line as a parameters and which
> audio/video codec will be best for these three *mp4,
> webm and ogv* formats.

Please consider reading http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html

If you feel that it is too difficult to find the
documentation on the FFmpeg homepage, please
tell us!

Carl Eugen

PS: Out of curiosity: How did you find out about this
mailing list?