[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG Video Conversion | Codec Information Needed

Ravi Kumar Kamboj ravikumar.kamboj at sapple.co.in
Tue Jan 29 13:59:31 CET 2013

Hi All,

Currently, I am using FFMPEG video conversion but I have few doubts in
that. So please provide me information regarding this.

I am using following commands to convert the video :*"ffmpeg -i <inputpath>
<outputpath>"* which converts video in *mp4,webm and ogv*, but it is using
default audio and video codecs for output file.

I want to know about how we can pass audio/video codec information in
command line as a parameters and which  audio/video codec will be best for
these three *mp4, webm and ogv* formats.

I want to know about other parameters like bit-rate, frames etc., that what
are the default values passed at the time of conversion.

--
Regards*
Ravi Kumar Kamboj*