[FFmpeg-user] Subtitles when converting .m2ts to .m4v

shashchatterjee at aim.com shashchatterjee at aim.com
Sun Jan 27 15:48:14 CET 2013

 Hi Carl,

That's funny (the patch part), only because I am so ignorant when it comes to video processing.  The software part is easy, at least I have been doing software for about thirty years.  But video ..... that is not my forte, only stumbling through the ffmpeg options via Googling.

So, no, I did not know that the mv4 implies ipod muxer and dvdsub would not work.  My attempt was to try and figure out a recipe to get 1080p videos in a format that would work on all my devices, so I am experimenting.

My real question is, what is the right way to convert the m2ts file that has PGS subtitles so subtitles work on the iPad?

Thanks,
Shash