[FFmpeg-user] generating jpgs and sound at the same time problem with specific inputs

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Feb 26 23:57:10 CET 2013

Kostas Psimoulis <rondinos <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> Is there a way to skip analyzing duration and still get
> the information about the audio stream ? I don't really
> need to know the duration

You misunderstand (as I did originally):
-analyzeduration x does not mean "analyze for x to detect
file duration as good as possible" but "analyze for x
seconds (duration) into the file" to find the information
necessary to probe and decode.

I still did not understand the issue.
Am I correct that it is reproducible with ffmpeg -i ?
If yes, please do not post ffprobe output (only do that
to report problems with ffprobe that are not reproducible
with ffmpeg -i).
Iirc, one problem was that using -analyzeduration 0 made
your transcode fail (because audio was not detected): I
suspect this is expected, you have to analyze the input
stream for some time to get all necessary information.

Please do not top-post here, it is considered rude.