[FFmpeg-user] generating jpgs and sound at the same time problem with specific inputs

Kostas Psimoulis rondinos at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 17:35:36 CET 2013

Is there a way to skip analyzing duration and still get the information about the audio stream ? I don't really need to know the duration because it's a live stream, the duration is unlimited. I think what is happening it's because there is no information in the metadata, it's trying to probe in order to get some information and there is not enough time to generate the jpgs. What about if I do ffprobe first and I already know the information about the video and audio codec, can I specify them in ffmpeg and still use analyzeduration 0 ? Or find another way that I can set a different number to analyzeduration and still be able to generate jpgs