[FFmpeg-user] error attempting 2 pass encoding using libx264

Nathan Lewis nlewis at mail.crawford.com
Fri Feb 8 00:57:03 CET 2013

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Nathan Lewis <nlewis <at> mail.crawford.com> writes:
>
> > ==============   failure with -pass 1  =====================
> >
> > > ffmpeg -i "Split Track Audio Sample.mov" -c:v libx264
> > -f mov -pass 1 /dev/null
>
> While the following command works fine here, I
> think two-pass encoding without a bitrate does
> not make sense.
>
> $ ./ffmpeg -i fate-suite/svq3/Vertical400kbit.sorenson3.mov
> -acodec aac -pass 1 -strict -2 -f mov /dev/null
>
> Carl Eugen

Hi Carl,

Agreed.  My end goal is to declare -b:v 2000k but due to the error I am
getting I kept removing switches to see if I could get a successful -pass 1
using current version from git.  So, you are able to get your command to
run with success using the most current version?

Any ideas why I am get the error that I do?

thanks,

Nathan