[FFmpeg-user] Compile errors on OSX with current HEAD

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Aug 30 18:13:34 CEST 2013

Robert Krüger <krueger <at> lesspain.de> writes:

> >> Hard to believe that --disable-stripping is needed to debug.

(To elaborate: It is needed if you use --enable-shared.)

> You are right. It isn't.

Could you elaborate on why --disable-mmx and --disable-optimizations
are needed? Both are particularly bad options if you are not
debugging (and both may and did in the past change the
behaviour of the library in the cases you want to debug) and
at least for --disable-mmx it is not clear to me why it helps:
If it were necessary, --disable-asm would probably be the
right option (unless you debugger is pre-mmx).