[FFmpeg-user] Compile errors on OSX with current HEAD

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Sat Aug 31 12:06:42 CEST 2013

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 6:13 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> (To elaborate: It is needed if you use --enable-shared.)
>
>> You are right. It isn't.
>
> Could you elaborate on why --disable-mmx and --disable-optimizations
> are needed? Both are particularly bad options if you are not

No, I can not, because I honestly do not know. I got the options from
a howto document on the web and as my knowledge in that area is close
to non-existant I was happy that the recipe worked.

> debugging (and both may and did in the past change the
> behaviour of the library in the cases you want to debug) and
> at least for --disable-mmx it is not clear to me why it helps:
> If it were necessary, --disable-asm would probably be the
> right option (unless you debugger is pre-mmx).

I just tried again and only --disable-asm does not work. The debugger
integrated in my IDE (Eclipse-CDT but it is gdb under the hood) does
not display variables then.  I think when I first researched I found
an article explaining where this limitation came from but I cannot
find it now.