[FFmpeg-user] ffprobe -show_frames and coded_picture_number

thljcl jiachielee at live.com
Sun Aug 11 03:20:10 CEST 2013

Nicolas George-2 wrote
> That is very different from 24 -> 25 fps, because in one case the extra
> frame comes at 5~6 Hz while in the other case it comes at ~1 Hz. An extra
> frame at 5~6 Hz is barely noticeable, while an extra frame at 0.1~2 Hz is
> very noticeable.
> <snip>
> How you can have so much knowledge and fail so utterly to actually
> understand it is beyond me.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
>   Nicolas George

> signature.asc (205 bytes)
> <http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4660624/0/signature.asc>

Hm… Well, let’s put it to actual test, which should be a much better option
than believing in either you or me. Do you currently have a source of 24 FPS
which you think that it has “high speed motion”? If you seriously think that
using the method I describe would lead to “unrealistic motion”, can you
share such a source with me and allow me to do the encoding process? After
doing the encoding process, I will upload the output file to SkyDrive and
share it temporarily publicly. We can then all use our eyes to make our
judgment. I do believe that an actual experiment would help me understand
better. Thank you.

Oh, yes… Please make sure that the source you use is not too big or too
lengthy. After all, it’s just meant to prove the hypothesis. I would prefer
your source to have less than 10 minutes in length.