[FFmpeg-user] ftp output problem

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 14:57:49 CEST 2013

On 8/10/13, jhseo <sjh431 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for reply.
>
> The output to ftp-server has less than local(hard-disk) output (in case mp4
> extension)
>
> So I compare two files using WinMerge, and I can't find out moov box in ftp
> output file..
>
> Is this case "ftp server that is not supporting seeking for write"?
>
> And, when the "ftp-write-seekable" option is off, "[mp4 @ 0000000002887de0]
> muxer does not support non seekable output" is print out..
>
> Please comment one more.

Unfortunately I have no more comments.
As you found out using ftp-write-seekable does not work correctly for
your ftp server,
e.g. file is badly written.
Note I'm not the one how added ftp protocol support, neither I ever
tried to send files using ffmpeg ftp protocol (seekable or not).

Obviosly disabling ftp-write-seekable will not work at all for mp4 as such
muxer needs seekable output.

Maybe there is bug in ftp protocol implementation in FFmpeg or ftp
server you use
does not support seeking. I'm just guessing from info you gave me.