[FFmpeg-user] Audio lost after a while in live streaming

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Sep 26 11:45:38 CEST 2012

fb <fatemeh.bagherpour <at> gmail.com> writes:

> At first I make a fifo, using:
> mkfifo ch6
>
> Then I use dvbstream to tune and demux a channel
> into this fifo, using:
> dvbstream -f 'frequency' -c 'adapter#' -o:/path/ch6
> 'PID1' 'PID2' 'PID3'
>
> Then I use ffmpeg as follows:
> ffmpeg -i /path/ch6 -sameq -vcodec libx264 -v:b 256
> -ar 44100 -f flv -vf yadif=1:0:1 -loglevel error
> rtmp://server/ch6

Is the problem (audio lost) only reproducible
if you stream with rtmp:// or also if you write
to a file (... -vf yadif=1:0:1 ch6.flv)?

> Then i use mplayer to watch the result. The oup put
> has 2 problems:
> 1- Audio/ Video synch
>     Audio and video are not synch sometimes.

Is this only reproducible with above setup or also if you
first write the dvb stream to a file (cat /path/ch6 >ch6.ts)
and then re-encode / stream the resulting file?

> 2- After about 20 min, audio would be lost!
> And the log is:
> [h264 @ 0x9b42bc0] non-existing SPS 0 referenced in buffering period

Please at least post the first 50 lines together with
the last lines.