[FFmpeg-user] Concat limited to certain file types?

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Oct 17 11:31:09 CEST 2012

Le sextidi 26 vendémiaire, an CCXXI, Jan Ehrhardt a écrit :
> OK, so that was
>
> -filter_complex " \
> 	[0:0] scale=384:288 [0:2], \
> 	[1:0] scale=384:288 [1:2], \
> 	[0:2] [0:1] [1:2] [1:1] concat=n=2:v=1:a=1 [v] [a]"
> 	-map [v] -map [a]

The comas are wrong, since there is no unconnected link that is
automatically connected to the next filter.

Also, using internal labels that look like stream specifiers "0:2" is a very
bad idea.

> And now for the big disappointment. I was hoping to find a single
> commandline to rescale and stitch all kinds of video files (MPG,
> MP4, MTS, MOD, MOV),

Finding a single command line that will always work is usually a doomed
expectations, there are just too many special cases.

>		       but a camera like the Sony CX160 produces MPG
> files that cannot be handled by filter_complex,

This is just nonsense, if the file can be decoded, it can be filtered.

> FFProbe shows the starttime of the first file to be almost, but not
> quite 0 seconds.

"For this filter to work correctly, all segments must start at timestamp 0."

You need to use the setpts filter to ensure this.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George