[FFmpeg-user] force frame rate when reformating raw h264 stream

Jan Pohanka xhpohanka at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 14:30:13 CEST 2012

>      chroma_loc_info_present_flag: 0
>      timing_info_present_flag: 1
>       num_units_in_tick: 1000
>       time_scale: 5000
>       fixed_frame_scale: 1
>
> I see that num_units_in_tick is 1000 and time_scale 5000 which should
> imply 5 fps for progressive. As far as I know these are the only
> parameters that informs about fps in h264 stream.

It seems that the problem is in my understanding of h264 standard.

fps should be equal to: time_scale / (num_units_in_tick * (1 +
nuit_field_based_flag))

I searched several forums and they say that nuit_field_based_flag shall be
always 1 (even if it is not specified in the h264 header?) so the ffmpeg
behaves correctly and ffplay plays raw h264 with the half frequency than
it should...

regards
Jan

http://www.opera.com/mail/