[FFmpeg-user] force frame rate when reformating raw h264 stream

Jan Pohanka xhpohanka at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 12:57:26 CEST 2012

Dne Mon, 01 Oct 2012 12:06:03 +0200 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>
napsal(a):

> Jan Pohanka <xhpohanka <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I have a file with raw h264 stream (a.h264) and I
>> want to mux it into matroska. The file was encoded
>> with 5 fps and have 75 frames so its length is 15s.
>
> Is there any application that confirms this?
> And I don't mean ffplay, because there have been many
> reports in the past that it does not play such raw
> streams with the correct playback speed.

This is a part of a dump from h264 header parser

     vui_parameters_present_flag: 1
     aspect_ratio_info_present_flag: 0
     overscan_info_present_flag: 0
     video_signal_info_present_flag: 1
      video_format: 2
      video_full_range_flag: 1
      colour_description_present_flag: 0
     chroma_loc_info_present_flag: 0
     timing_info_present_flag: 1
      num_units_in_tick: 1000
      time_scale: 5000
      fixed_frame_scale: 1
     nal_hrd_parameters_present_flag: 1
      cpb_cnt_minus1: 0
      bit_rate_scale: 0
      cpb_size_scale: 2
       bit_rate_value_minus1[0]: 390624
       cpb_size_value_minus1[0]: 390624
       cbr_flag[0]: 0
      initial_cpb_removal_delay_length_minus1: 23
      cpb_removal_delay_length_minus1: 23
      dpb_output_delay_length_minus1: 23
      time_offset_length: 24

I see that num_units_in_tick is 1000 and time_scale 5000 which should
imply 5 fps for progressive. As far as I know these are the only
parameters that informs about fps in h264 stream.

regards
Jan