[FFmpeg-user] Variable frame rate videos

Paulo Henrique Torrens paulo_torrens at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 20:52:30 CEST 2012

Hi!

I need to use FFMPEG to write an application to record a movie out of an MJPEG camera stream.
I've looked on some exemples of the API, but I've a question, how do I make variable-length frame rates?

On one of the examples, there is:

00277         out_size = avcodec_encode_video(c, outbuf, outbuf_size, picture);
00278         printf("encoding frame %3d (size=%5d)\n", i, out_size);
00279         fwrite(outbuf, 1, out_size, f);
Would it work as I expect if I changed c->time_base?

Thank you very much!