[FFmpeg-user] DOWN CONVERSION ISSUE: From MXF (1080i AVC Intra) - MBAFF "interlacing" to DVCPRO

Tim Nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 15:58:13 CEST 2012

On 26/03/12 11:34, Iban Garcia wrote:
> Umm... it does not work for me. The output.dv is still "progressive"
> (de-interlaced): both fields of output.dv file are equal. The interlacing
> has been lost...

OK so something is not working as it should. I have had a look at some of my
H264 10bit interlaced material and that is also behaving as you describe. The
source is definitely interlaced, as can be seen from the interlace artifacts in
a resized ffplay window. But the output is a blend of the two fields.

I will try and get some more details and then raise a bug report.