[FFmpeg-user] insert a logo with transparency

Rossana Guerra guerra.rossana at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 08:47:44 CEST 2012

2012/6/21 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>

> Rossana Guerra <guerra.rossana <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hello Carl, this is the complete console output:
>
> No.
>
> > usuario <at> pangolin:~/Vídeos/Xelestina$ ffmpeg -loglevel error
> > -i video1.avi -vf "movie=logo.BMP [logo]; [in][logo]
> > overlay=W-w-10:10 1[out]" -vcodec libx264 -b 1400k outlogo4.avi
> >
> > Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate:
> 30000.00
> > (30000/1) -> 23.98 (24000/1001)
> > Stream mapping:
> >   Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
> >   Stream #0.1 -> #0.1
>
> > Press ctrl-c to stop encoding
>
> You are using an intentionally broken version of FFmpeg that
> contains several hundred regressions over FFmpeg (bugs that
> are not present in FFmpeg, but are present in the
> intentionally broken version that is installed on your system).
> Some of those bugs look security relevant, so please understand
> that we cannot support this version.
> (Apart from that, it does not support alpha in bmp.)
> Please look at http://ffmpeg.org/download.html for a list of
> supported versions (that does support alpha in bmp), I am quite
> sure that pre-compiled binaries for your distribution exist.
>
> Unrelated: I consider it slightly inappropriate if you are
> asked to post complete, uncut console output and you post
> heavily cut console output, please remember that everybody
> is posting here voluntarily, so not following the rules of
> this mailing list and not answering the questions asked is
> probably not a good idea if you want support.
>
> Carl Eugen

Carl, first of all, I didn't cut/hide anything, it has no sense (and it
would be foolish) if I want to solve this problem or doing it in the
correct manner. I have been polite in my posts.
Maybe is the version of FFMpeg running on Ubuntu 12, it wasn't intentional
at all. (If you want I can attach an image of the console
output).

Apart of the FFmpeg version, is this the correct command? This is all what
I want to know.

Thanks and regards

Rossana