[FFmpeg-user] insert a logo with transparency

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Jun 21 08:30:51 CEST 2012

Rossana Guerra <guerra.rossana <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Carl, this is the complete console output:

No.

> usuario <at> pangolin:~/Vídeos/Xelestina$ ffmpeg -loglevel error
> -i video1.avi -vf "movie=logo.BMP [logo]; [in][logo]
> overlay=W-w-10:10 1[out]" -vcodec libx264 -b 1400k outlogo4.avi
>
> Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 30000.00
> (30000/1) -> 23.98 (24000/1001)
> Stream mapping:
>   Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
>   Stream #0.1 -> #0.1

> Press ctrl-c to stop encoding

You are using an intentionally broken version of FFmpeg that
contains several hundred regressions over FFmpeg (bugs that
are not present in FFmpeg, but are present in the
intentionally broken version that is installed on your system).
Some of those bugs look security relevant, so please understand
that we cannot support this version.
(Apart from that, it does not support alpha in bmp.)
Please look at http://ffmpeg.org/download.html for a list of
supported versions (that does support alpha in bmp), I am quite
sure that pre-compiled binaries for your distribution exist.

Unrelated: I consider it slightly inappropriate if you are
asked to post complete, uncut console output and you post
heavily cut console output, please remember that everybody
is posting here voluntarily, so not following the rules of
this mailing list and not answering the questions asked is
probably not a good idea if you want support.