[FFmpeg-user] insert a logo with transparency

Rossana Guerra guerra.rossana at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 22:45:43 CEST 2012

2012/6/20 Rossana Guerra <guerra.rossana at gmail.com>

> Could it be tomorrow? I can't find the post and it will take time.
> I'll post it.
>
> I realized that this bmp file has no alpha, so maybe due to this the
> command didn't work.
> I tryed with a .png and it did.
> Nonetheless I'd like to know if the command is right
>
> Thanks for your help Carl.
>
> Regard.
>
> Rossana
>

> 2012/6/20 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>
>
>> Rossana Guerra <guerra.rossana <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Carl I did it a few posts ago. It was the complete
>> > console output
>>
>> Sorry, I searched it here, but was unable to find it:
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user/37831
>>
>> Could you send it again?
>>
>> Carl Eugen

Hello Carl, this is the complete console output:

usuario at pangolin:~/Vídeos/Xelestina$ ffmpeg -loglevel error -i video1.avi
-vf "movie=logo.BMP [logo]; [in][logo] overlay=W-w-10:10 1[out]" -vcodec
libx264 -b 1400k outlogo4.avi

Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 30000.00
(30000/1) -> 23.98 (24000/1001)
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
  Stream #0.1 -> #0.1
Press ctrl-c to stop encoding
[mp3 @ 0x220cc00] incomplete frame291724kB time=1396.60
bitrate=1711.2kbits/s
Error while decoding stream #0.1
frame=33531 fps=  9 q=21.0 Lsize=  293421kB time=1398.48
bitrate=1718.8kbits/s
video:236677kB audio:54631kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.725643%
usuario at pangolin:~/Vídeos/Xelestina$

I sum it up:
- the bmp has no alpha, it inserts the logo without transparency
- it works fine with a png with alpha, keeps the transparency

Is this the right command for every image file (png,bmp, jpeg) with alpha?.

Thanks and regards

Rossana