[FFmpeg-user] CMakeLists.txt file for ffmpeg

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Jun 5 10:04:38 CEST 2012

NoRulez <norulez <at> me.com> writes:

> our build system uses CMake, so if an CMakeLists.txt file
> for ffmpeg exists it would be great. The build of our
> ffmpeg is done in MSYS and I have troubles to integrate
> those generated libraries into out Visual Studio project.

I know of at least one project (libopenjpeg) where the use
of two build systems has the effect that nobody knowns where
the headers should be installed.
Apart from that, I doubt that it will be easy to port the
build system. And finally, iiuc, your FFmpeg build works
fine, it seems your VS project fails to build, or am I wrong?

> If I link ffmpeg to our application, the following error occurs:
> "libmingwex.a(mbrtowc.o) : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol
> ___lc_codepage imported in function _mbrtowc
> libmingwex.a(wcrtomb.o) : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol
> ___lc_codepage imported"

(which errors?)

Sorry, I personally do not find it constructive to ask for a
second build system. The one we use is regularly tested on
very different build systems (and was optimized heavily for
FFmpeg's needs).
I of course understand you don't share my opinion though.

Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen