[FFmpeg-user] Problem with setting x264 profile/ x264opts

Maurice Randall maurice at cmdrkey.com
Mon Jan 23 16:33:43 CET 2012

I know that with FFMPEG 8.6 that I am using, the following works:

-vcodec libx264 -profile high -preset fast -x264opts bitrate=300

In other words, you don't have to put the profile within the x264opts. Not sure if this still works that way with .9 and up. I tried .9 with my applications, but have stuck with .8 until .9 gets more stabilized. Also too many changes to make the switch right away.

I've never tried "tune", but maybe that can also be included prior to the x264opts command.

-Maurice