[FFmpeg-user] need help

Donald McLachlan Donald.McLachlan at crc.ca
Thu Jan 19 15:35:50 CET 2012

On 19/01/2012 9:26 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Abeer Awad<abeerawad<at>  yahoo.com>  writes:
>
>> hi, i need a ffmpeg command that extracts the I,P B frames as images in the
> "Images" is a vague term and it certainly contradicts "-f mp4".
>
>> folder and i want to know the GOP pattern , and how to recognize them as
>> inages to which type they belong(I,P,or B)? can anyone help me? i tried this
>> ffmpeg -i video.mpg -vf "select='eq(pict_type,I)' " -acodec copy -f mp4 -y /b
> (What is "/b"?)
> Why do you copy audio if you are only interested in video?

I don't know how to do it, but it sounds like the original poster wants
a variation on "ffmpeg -i video.mpg -f image2 -qscale1
outfile-%05d.jpeg" such that the output contains the unadulterated I, P,
or B frames (not jpeg files) with the filenames indicate whether they
are I, P, or B frames.  Abeer, is that correct?