[FFmpeg-user] need help

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Jan 19 15:26:55 CET 2012

Abeer Awad <abeerawad <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> hi, i need a ffmpeg command that extracts the I,P B frames as images in the

"Images" is a vague term and it certainly contradicts "-f mp4".

> folder and i want to know the GOP pattern , and how to recognize them as
> inages to which type they belong(I,P,or B)? can anyone help me? i tried this

> ffmpeg -i video.mpg -vf "select='eq(pict_type,I)' " -acodec copy -f mp4 -y /b

(What is "/b"?)
Why do you copy audio if you are only interested in video?

You are expected to not only post your command line but also the complete,
uncut console output if you need support.

Please do not top-post here, it is considered rude.
Please do not repeat the same question in different threads.
Please use describing lines for your subject, "need help" is not better
than "hi" (nearly all people who post here need help), "export different frame
types as images" might have been an alternative.