[FFmpeg-user] (RUN_AVX_INSTR:6) cannot reference symbol `sizeofm9' in preprocessor

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Jan 4 23:32:17 CET 2012

Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans <at> at.or.at> writes:

> So a question just to clarify here: does this forum only support certain
> narrow configurations of ./configure in the build process?

No, all useful (and some less useful) configurations are supported.
Compilation of non-compliant, proprietary software is only supported to a very
limited degree.

> Is there documentation of supported configurations? Other ./configure
> options are required in order to build ffmpeg+x264 for Android.

> I am unclear because there is nothing to my script except env vars for the
> Android NDK setup and standard flags to ffmpeg's ./configure.

Both when I looked last week and yesterday, some of the options did not make any
sense at all (imo) and were at least responsible for some of the problems you
reported.

Please:
First fix the license issue in your FFmpeg tree (and please consider sending the
filters as patches to ffmpeg-devel, assuming they do something useful which I
honestly don't know).
Then please delete your script (not really, but remove really all useless
options, even the one that you believe are absolutely necessary), start with the
options that are actually necessary (I believe that should be exactly
--cross-prefix, --arch, --target-os and possibly --sysroot, nothing else).
Once that is successful (and please ask here for support if it is not, after all
I may be wrong), add --enable-libx264 --enable-gpl, after that you can disable
devices and network if you believe that is necessary for your use case.