[FFmpeg-user] image Overlay

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 14:34:02 CET 2012

On date Monday 2012-01-02 13:54:17 +0100, Lorenz Martens encoded:
> Hi all,
> first of all I want to wish you a happy new Year!
>
> I have a project to solve within the next week:
>
> Is it possible with ffmpeg to create an image overlay from a given timecode to a given timecode?
>
> Example: I have a 8h video file and want to insert an overlay image
> from timcode 01:32:20 to 1:53:20 and a different one from 02:03:10
> to 02:30:20!
>
> I'm using ubuntu server LTS 10.4 with latest an greatest ffmpeg :D
>
> Any help or hint would be fine.

Right now you can't do that by using the overlay, you need a
multi-steps process, where you need to split the file, overlay just in
the interested segments and merge again the modified segments, or
create an ad-hoc video to overlay which shows the image only in the
interested intervals.

In order to achieve what you want with overlay, you may need to extend
the filter, support x:y position per-frame evaluation and/or add
support to event-driven reconfiguration, like it is done in drawtext,
patches or a feature request are welcome.
--
ffmpeg-user random tip #19
X11 session recording with ffmpeg: