[FFmpeg-user] no encoding of VP6 flv files

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Feb 4 00:09:04 CET 2012

Am 03.02.2012 23:51, schrieb Marc Waesche:
>> Encoding to VP6A (VP6 with transparency support) is not supported but ...
>>
>>> Here is the command line: ffmpeg -i
>>> "video.flv" -i "audio.mp3" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "video_and_audio.flv"
>> ... this command line does not encode anything but only tries to remux.
>>
>> Could you test attached patch?
> DAMN!! THAT WORKS!!!! I read about 20 times today that this is impossible! Carl, I will love you, your children and
> the children of your children for the next 300 years!! This solution was VERY important for my! Other options would
> have cost much too much server performance and the whole project would have been in danger. Carl, you seem to work
> for the ffmpeg project. Can I donate $50 for it?

gratulations!
i never minded this would be possible

BTW:
what happened shortly that the ffmpeg-development seems to be
hyperactive currently (meant as compliment!)? feels like the
failed libav-fork released energy/motivation/whatelse in the
main project

however - only for the fact that Michael and Carl are speaking my
native language makes the decision really easy - great work!