[FFmpeg-user] aac latm decoding

Sven Dueking sven at nablet.com
Mon Aug 20 20:10:55 CEST 2012

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Sven Dueking [mailto:sven at nablet.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 20. August 2012 19:00
An: 'FFmpeg user questions'
Betreff: AW: [FFmpeg-user] aac latm decoding

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org [mailto:ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org]
Im Auftrag von Carl Eugen Hoyos
Gesendet: Montag, 20. August 2012 18:29
An: ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org
Betreff: Re: [FFmpeg-user] aac latm decoding

Sven Dueking <sven <at> nablet.com> writes:

>> Mh, seems that there is some kind of issue
>
>Sorry, I assumed you tested the wav file...
>
>[...]
>
>> size=    4064kB time=00:00:21.67 bitrate=1536.0kbits/s
>
>The sample is not longer than 21 seconds and decodes fine afaict. I don't
know much about library usage but do other audio files decode fine for >you
with your application?

>Carl Eugen

Hi Carl,

No, I didn´t managed to decode a LATM file as shown in the source code.
I also made a few tests with other LATM files, created by different
applications - without success.
That is a little bit strange, because everything works fine if I play the
file as it is with ffplay.
Maybe there is something wrong with the initialization part of ffmpeg in my
sample code ?

Just the ADTS version of the files are ok.

I can try to remove the LATM header and create a ADTS header, but I am not
sure.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Sven