[FFmpeg-user] Still Image tifs to uncompressed video

Eric Hollis eric.hollis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 16:13:59 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have a series of 16,000 or  so .tif images that I want to assemble into a
video.  I want the video to be of the highest quality possible, with no
compression. I want to load the completed video into a video editing
program, like Windows Movie Maker 2.6 (I'm just going to make cuts).

I've read online, and gotten it to work, partially.  I'm looking for some
assistance with the command line.

This command line produces a video, but it's not recognizable by Windows
Movie Maker

ffmpeg -b 3600 -r16 -i dw1%06d.tif -target ntsc-dvd dw1.mpg

(tif names are "dw1000001.tif; dw1000002.tif; etc)

This command line barfs:

ffmpeg -b 3600 -r16 -i dw1%06d.tif  dw1.mp4

It returns "width or height not divisible by 2 (835x648)

The tifs have sizes varying by +/- 10 pixels in x and y directions.

Thanks in advance.  I've tried to "read the fine manual", but I just can't
make sense of what I'm reading.

Sincerely,
Eric