[FFmpeg-user] CLI ffmpeg on MacOS

Adrian Dusa dusa.adrian at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 07:22:45 CEST 2011

Dear list,

I am recently working on a Mac (64bit, Lion), and wanted to use the
CLI version of the ffmpeg just like in my former Linux box.
The previous command, to grab a portion of the screen, was:

ffmpeg -f alsa -i pulse -f x11grab -r 15 -s 500x500 -i :0.0+304,198
-vcodec libx264 -vpre lossless_ultrafast -threads 0 blahvideo.mkv

Obviously, the options cannot be the same in the Mac box (there's no
alsa, there's no x11grab), and after much researching on the web I
finally got to my last resource, that is asking this list.
Is is possible to mimic the above command on a Mac?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian