[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg installed properly? Noob

Tom Step t.step at comcast.net
Wed Sep 14 23:03:41 CEST 2011

installed LAME, x264, and faac/faad libs, then tried to install ffmpeg again with all libs, then without, still get yasm error (isn't that a linux thing?)

shoeis-computer:~ shoei$ cd ~/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-HEAD-d2a847c/
shoeis-computer:ffmpeg-HEAD-d2a847c shoei$ ./configure
yasm not found, use --disable-yasm for a crippled build

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "config.log" produced by configure as this will help
solving the problem.