[FFmpeg-user] Split video frame accurate respecting GOP's

me at renecalles.de me at renecalles.de
Tue Oct 25 15:48:52 CEST 2011

Hi Deepika, belcampo,

thank you both for your input.

I'm thinking in some kind of more general solution.
The idea is to parse the video, looking for I-Frames in a defined
interval and split directly before the I-Frame appears.
This could also solve the fixed / non-fixed GOP situation.

The -ss and -t solution makes me feel a bit uncomfortable as it not
really "under control".

Regards,
René