[FFmpeg-user] mov [ProRes/pcm_s24le] -> mp4 same quality

HallMarc Websites marc at hallmarcwebsites.com
Sat Nov 19 00:28:11 CET 2011

> > Again, anybody on this list that can recommend good reading material
> > regarding this. I've been in web dev for 9 years so I'm not ascared.
>
> If you want general information about AAC encoders, this list may not be
the
> best place (I suspect the hydrogen forum is), if you have questions
regarding
> AAC encoding with FFmpeg, I suggest you ask here, I would be surprised if
> you find more information elsewhere.
>
> Carl Eugen
[>]
I mean in general. I ordered a book from Amazon (Real World Video
Compression-Andy Beach) and I have read the ffmpeg documentation, like
reading an ingredient list more than anything, I have read posts on
different forums. My task is this, to learn the ins and outs of a/v
transcoding and conversion. I aim to create another CDN that can accept any
of the major video formats and auto convert them into something web
friendly; desktops, tablets and smart phones. Yep, that's how I've always
been jump right into the deep end with both feet.
[>]
What can you say about the faac from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/faac/

This kind of reminds me how I felt when I first dove into website building,
Holy Data Turds but there's a lot to learn!