[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg ffserver video streaming

Anonymous evan54 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 02:02:43 CET 2011

Hi all,

the problem:
trying to stream video and audio from my video camera.

things I know:

run ffserver with some .conf file (ideally the default one?)
run ffmpeg -f video4linux2 <other video options> -i /dev/video0 -f alsa
<other audio options> -i <microphone location / driver>
http://localhost:8090/feed1.ffm

things I need help with:
- editing the .conf file for the ffserver command if that is needed
- filling in the other options part as indicated above
-What to use for audio input... I saw something like /dev/dsp but this
didn't work, have also used something like hw:0 but also didn't work.

thanks