[FFmpeg-user] Problem trying to convert PAL file to NTSC

vsethi at iglou.com vsethi at iglou.com
Sat Mar 19 00:25:17 CET 2011

belcampo wrote:

> I don't know which distribution of linux you are using; or would be able
> to compile one yourself. On http://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html at the
> bottom of the page are versions 5.3 and 6.1 from 2010 October. These are
> source files which  you have to compile yourself.

I have built ffmpeg 6.1 and it produces the same result (same error messages).
Since I am unfamiliar with the ffmpeg package overall, all I can think of
are the following possibilities:

1.  ffmpeg is missing (although not complaining about missing) some file
    that it needs.  (A library perhaps?)
2.  there is a duplication of file names in the filesystem that is causing
    ffmpeg to consult the wrong file.
3.  ffmpeg just cannot process my file.
4.  ???

Short of going into the source code and trying to figure out what ffmpeg
is trying to do and guessing why it cannot do it, I don't know what
else to try.  (Well, I guess there's the debugger.)