[FFmpeg-user] Problem trying to convert PAL file to NTSC

vsethi at iglou.com vsethi at iglou.com
Fri Mar 18 12:39:19 CET 2011

>> Which older version do you recommend trying and where does one get it?

> I don't know which distribution of linux you are using; or would be able
> to compile one yourself. On http://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html at the
> bottom of the page are versions 5.3 and 6.1 from 2010 October. These are
> source files which  you have to compile yourself.

My system is running Slackware 12.0.  I built both mplayer and ffmpeg
from source.  For ffmpeg, I had to update git and acquire yasm.

Is 6.1 the most recent "stable" release?

I will try 6.1, but I am somewhat concerned about having too many versions
of the same files in various places in the filesystem and the state of
ambiguity that may result.

Thanks for your help.