[FFmpeg-user] HLS Segmenter

JULIAN GARDNER joolzg at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 28 18:03:42 CEST 2011

My segmenter is working ok except for the fact that even though im splitting the packets on an I frame, (AV_PKT_FLAG_KEY) when i play the segmented packets in VLC some of them seem to be missing the SPS/PPS. Am i  doing something wrong or am i cutting the stream in the wrong place?

What i do is read a packet and then check the AV_PKT_FLAG_KEY and if the packets pts time is greater than my cut time i close the last segment and open a new one, with this packet as its first one.

Also as im using tge MPEGTS muxer and i noticed that the Service Name and Service Provider have reverted back to the default, so how do i call correctly the mpegts so i can set these parameters back to what the were on the incoming stream.

joolz