[FFmpeg-user] OSX lion, trying to compile from git fails

Jim Worrall coniophora at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 23:17:26 CET 2011

On Dec 11, 2011, at 2:50 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Boštjan Strojan <bostjan.strojan <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> However --cc-clang says to be unsupported switch?
>
> ./configure --cc=clang

Sorry for the error, Carl is right of course.  And if it still doesn't work you may
need to get the latest Xcode/Developer's Tools, especially if you haven't
updated that since Lion came out.

> As said, you should not use --enable-nonfree, it does not do anything useful in
> your configure line.
> Do not use --enable-runtime-cpudetect unless you have a reason to (= if you are
> not a user, but a distributor. This case would be one more reason not to use
> --enable-nonfree)
>
> --enable-pthreads --enable-avfilter --enable-filters are default and should
> therefore be redundant (consider checking configure's output if pthreads are
> correctly detected, I could of course be wrong)
>
> And I would suggest not to use --arch at all unless there is a reason.

I can't remember why I started using --arch=x86_64, I think one
of my libraries wasn't found correctly without it, but I could be wrong.
I'll try it without.