[FFmpeg-user] OSX lion, trying to compile from git fails

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Dec 11 22:50:26 CET 2011

Boštjan Strojan <bostjan.strojan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> However --cc-clang says to be unsupported switch?

./configure --cc=clang

As said, you should not use --enable-nonfree, it does not do anything useful in
your configure line.
Do not use --enable-runtime-cpudetect unless you have a reason to (= if you are
not a user, but a distributor. This case would be one more reason not to use
--enable-nonfree)

--enable-pthreads --enable-avfilter --enable-filters are default and should
therefore be redundant (consider checking configure's output if pthreads are
correctly detected, I could of course be wrong)

And I would suggest not to use --arch at all unless there is a reason.

For future reports: Please post all necessary information on this list, external
references tend to disappear.
In the case of a build error, please run make (again), if it fails run "make
V=1", then post your configure line and the complete, uncut output of "make V=1"
here (do not post the complete output of the first "make" run).