[FFmpeg-user] Dolby Pro Logic encoding from 6 discrete channels

Thomas Worth dev at rarevision.com
Thu Dec 8 23:28:30 CET 2011

HandBrake is apparently capable of folding 6 tracks of audio down to a
matrix-encoded 2 channel Pro Logic mix. I'm assuming this is done
through avcodec. If so, which part of the code is responsible for
this? Also, this is really an analog operation, since Pro Logic / II
works with analog sources. Has this been tested / verified to work as
intended? I'd love to hear about any experiences with this.