[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg issues with MP4?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Dec 8 02:06:36 CET 2011

Erik Lat <erik.lat <at> htbindustries.org> writes:

> I am using FFmpeg version 0.6.3-rpmfusion, on Fedora 14, but have also

This is very old and outdated, you should try hard not to use it!

> tried with FFmpeg version 0.7.8 on Gentoo with the same result.

This is much better if you cannot use current git head.

I may misunderstand what you are trying to do, but generally, you cannot begin
decoding when reading the beginning of a mp4 file (you often have to seek to the
end before decoding can start).