[FFmpeg-user] Linking help?

Nathan nathan.stocks at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 22:48:39 CET 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> You did see "--disable-symver" in configure --help's output?
> Note that zlib and bzlib are needed for some decoders.
>
> Carl Eugen

I actually did look for it, but --disable-symver doesn't exist in the
(old) version of FFmpeg I'm targeting for this release (it is FFmpeg
subversion revision 25864 from last December).  The next release will
target much newer code, so I'm excited that the option will exist in
the future.

nathan at ubuntu-64-bit:~/proj/avbin/ffmpeg$ ./configure --help | grep symver
nathan at ubuntu-64-bit:~/proj/avbin/ffmpeg$ ./configure --disable-symver
Unknown option "--disable-symver".
See ./configure --help for available options.

Thanks for pointing out that zlib and bzlib are needed for some
decoders.  I don't know why those are disabled (I inherited this
project), so I'll investigate re-enabling them.  bzlib is only being
disabled on linux for some reason.  Perhaps there was some problem
with them in past revisions of AVbin.

~ Nathan