[FFmpeg-user] Linking help?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Dec 7 11:00:43 CET 2011

Nathan <nathan.stocks <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I actually did look for it, but --disable-symver doesn't exist in the
> (old) version of FFmpeg I'm targeting for this release (it is FFmpeg
> subversion revision 25864 from last December).

Please note that apart from being ancient (and missing many useful features),
this version contains several hundred bugs (including regressions) that were
fixed since, some of them security relevant (a known exploit for such old
versions exists).
Please use 0.7.8 (or release/oldabi) if you cannot use current git head due to
the API change. If you find compatibility issues with oldabi / 0.7, we will be
happy to fix them.