[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG Build FLAGS help for MP4 (Mpeg4Video)

Jeff Sorrentino jeff at soren.com
Tue Dec 6 18:17:12 CET 2011

I am trying to compile ffmpeg for use with a single video type (MP4 /
Mpeg4).

Here's what my compiler flags are (non-working), can someone shed some
light on this for me, as Video Codecs are not my strong suit.

FLAGS="$FLAGS --disable-everything"
FLAGS="$FLAGS --enable-encoder=mpeg4video"

Code in use that shows failure:

// Open video file (here's the failure, doesn't happen when compiled for all)
inputFormat = av_find_input_format("MP4");
if (!inputFormat) {
    __android_log_print(ANDROID_LOG_ERROR, "NDK:", "Null inputformat!");
    return;
}

When I simply build for everything this works fine, but I do not know
what else I need to include to support decoding of Mpeg4 video files.