[FFmpeg-user] [ffmpeg] Encode Problem

James Lu luj125 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 22:43:48 CEST 2011

2011/8/11 代广达 <daigd at enveesoft.com>

> Hi,
>

> Sorry to bother.
>

> I have met a problem when using ffmpeg libs to generate a mp4 video,
> described as below.
>

> 1. I have a sequence of image frames, and a sequence of audio files (.caf
> format), I need to use them to generate a mp4 video.
> 2. There are two streams to operate, one for video and the other for audio.
> 3. Video stream works fine.
> 4. I need to encode the audio files into specified frames(based on video
> stream) to sync the video and audio.
> 5. Now, I cannot control which frame (or when) to add the audio files, the
> audio are played at the very beginning of the mp4 file continuously.
>

> Any suggestions would be grateful, thanks very much.
>

> ------------------
> Dai Guang Da (代广达)
>  Tel:13880465899
> E-mail:daigd at enveesoft.com
>  云晖软件(成都)有限公司
> Enveesoft Chengdu Co., Ltd.
> 成都市高新区天府大道天府软件园A1-207
>
> http://www.enveesoft.com

usually audio manipulations are better handled by another project called sox
http://sox.sourceforge.net/
An alternative with a GUI would be audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I'm not quite sure how you want to arrange the audio and video, but I'm
assuming you have image1, image2, image3, etc and you want audio1, audio2,
audio3 to align respectively. In which case, I would suggest muxing the
individual audio/video segments alone at first, and then concat the
resultant videos together?

I hope this helps, if it doesn't can you be a bit clearer on how you want to
arrange the image and audio sequences? Also, a command line that you are
currently working with may be relevant, so you could also include that?

~James